silence voice audio output

ppvienna

Recently pleco sends out voice audio output each time I search for a new word or display a word.
I can vary the loudness of the output in the settings (on the sidebar) but do not know where to control when it will be voiced.
Normally it displays search result silently, The iPhone should normally be silent after displaying a word and only output audio on demand.audio output
Probably I changed somewhere a setting but have no idea where.
Help needed

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Is this happening for popup definitions? You can turn that off in Settings / Popup Definition / Auto-play Audio On Tap.

I had the same "problem" and forgot where to find the audio auto-play setting. Thanks for the tip. I thought it should have been under Audio. I guess I was wrong.

ppvienna

:) Solved. I did not realise that inputting pinyin creates a popup of the Chinese symbols which may create a popup audio.
Recently pleco sends out voice audio output each time I search for a new word or display a word.
I can vary the loudness of the output in the settings (on the sidebar) but do not know where to control when it will be voiced.
Normally it displays search result silently, The iPhone should normally be silent after displaying a word and only output audio on demand.audio output
Probably I changed somewhere a setting but have no idea where.
Help needed