Suggestion: Full-text search on by default

pleco10

秀才
(I did a quick search of the forums but nothing came up on this topic.)

8) I only realised there was a full-text search feature today :!:

It would be great to have the full-text search options on by default. (Instead of having to turn it on in Dictionary->Settings->Search Types [took me a while to find it lol])

If this is not possible, full-text search could be set as default AFTER the purchase of bundles/dicts to make use of the increased word definition capacity.

Just a suggestion :) .

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It is on by default for new installs, actually, but we didn't want to forcefully turn it on for upgraders since we thought the sudden change in search behavior might be frustrating for a lot of them.

pleco10

秀才
Ook. Dunno y mine never had it on :? ...

I've had Pleco for a while (but only recently started using it regularly), I guess it was a new version which started the default fulltext search? Hmm...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, we only made it the default in 2.1.0; we introduced it in 2.0.7 but, as with several other interesting little options, we initially left it off by default so that we could be extra certain it didn't introduce any new bugs; we made it a default once we were confident a lot of people had used it for a long time successfully without problems (and after fixing a few minor bugs in it for 2.1.0).