Switching to iPad

s85

秀才
Hi!

I'm considering to purchase a brand new iPad to use Pleco on it. I've been using Pleco for iPod Touch for 4 months now and I'm very satisfied with this incredible software. I bought a complete bundle. But I'm not going to use Pleco on iPod Touch any more, so...

Is it possible to transfer license to a new device or should I buy a new license?

Thank you!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can actually use it on both if you bought it originally on your iPod; just download / install the free version on your new iPad, go into the "Add-ons" tab and tap on the "Restore Purchases" button at the bottom of the screen.

cjgait

举人
Wow, so I didn't have to buy it again on iPad? I thought that since I was using it on both devices I had to pay for it on both.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You do if you originally transferred your license from Palm or Windows Mobile, since those licenses are only good on one device; Apple requires that products purchased originally on an iPhone / iPod / iPad be usable on any other device that syncs with the same iTunes account, though, so a copy originally purchased on an iPod Touch could be activated on an iPad without buying it again.

cjgait

举人
Okay, that;s my situation, orginally bought on Windows Mobile and transfered to iPod Touch, so buying it on iPad is correct. Not a problem at all. Worth every penny, considering it's an applicationn I use constantly and value greatly. Keep up the good work!