Synching included categories between profiles? Card order?

thph2006

进士
I'd like to test myself using self-scored two different ways, Chinese-->English (prompt with headword) and English-->Chinese (prompt with definition) using separate scorefiles for each but the same set of categories for both. So if I add a category to my C-->E profile I'd like that category also added to my E--C profile. Is there a way to do this? I'm currently just combing through the categories in one profile and manually configuring the same ones in the other.

My configs:
C-->E: Self-scored, show headword
E-->C: Self-scored, show definition

One other question. If I import a set of cards with dialog pairs listed in order is there a way to get Pleco to test them in order? I saw the "Fixed" card selection in the manual but it recommends not to use it and it's not clear to me whether order is ensured by the Pleco IDs added to cards as they're imported anyway.
1. 她是你妹妹吗?
2。 是,她是我妹妹。

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: Synching included categories between profiles? Card orde

Sorry for the slow reply.

thph2006 said:
'd like to test myself using self-scored two different ways, Chinese-->English (prompt with headword) and English-->Chinese (prompt with definition) using separate scorefiles for each but the same set of categories for both. So if I add a category to my C-->E profile I'd like that category also added to my E--C profile. Is there a way to do this? I'm currently just combing through the categories in one profile and manually configuring the same ones in the other.

About the only way I can think of that you might be able to do this would be to add your new category as a child of another category that was already included in both profiles - the system re-checks those every time you launch a new session.

thph2006 said:
One other question. If I import a set of cards with dialog pairs listed in order is there a way to get Pleco to test them in order? I saw the "Fixed" card selection in the manual but it recommends not to use it and it's not clear to me whether order is ensured by the Pleco IDs added to cards as they're imported anyway.

We discourage it for pedagogical reasons but at this point it's popular enough that it's probably not going away (in fact it may even get expanded - really needs to support reviewing categories in order). Creation order is determined by database record IDs, yes - SQLite's normal time-handling functions don't get more fine-grained than 1 second, and since we're potentially creating a hundred flashcards a second during an import, IDs are much more precise. So yes, "fixed" with ordering by creation date should work for this.