Testing various roms on one Android device.

russell359

Hi, I like to test out the various roms for my Android DEFY (there's more and more of them these days). Every time I change to a different rom, such as from MIUI to CM7 I have to reapply the Pleco licence number I have. If it's only been a couple of days between flashing different roms then I'm blocked from reactivating Pleco. Could the licencing portion of Pleco be written in such a way as to allow reactivation when only the Android version has been changed and the device stays the same? It could be useful to allow people to test out Pleco on different roms, so it seems to be in Pleco's interests to be allowed to do this without being held back by how the licencing system works.

Kindly,
Russell

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
russell359 said:
Hi, I like to test out the various roms for my Android DEFY (there's more and more of them these days). Every time I change to a different rom, such as from MIUI to CM7 I have to reapply the Pleco licence number I have. If it's only been a couple of days between flashing different roms then I'm blocked from reactivating Pleco. Could the licencing portion of Pleco be written in such a way as to allow reactivation when only the Android version has been changed and the device stays the same? It could be useful to allow people to test out Pleco on different roms, so it seems to be in Pleco's interests to be allowed to do this without being held back by how the licencing system works.

It can be (and will be), though the ROM flashing may reset your device's ID in such a way that it now looks like it's changed - however we are also working on making our license transfer system a bit more forgiving to accommodate cases like this.