Transfer purchase of add-on from another google account?

I have some play store credits on two different accounts , from various google offers including the Nexus 7 $25 credit. The credits, aren't transferable, and as far as I can see, apps can't be moved to another account on the user side. I want to use the credits I have on both accounts to buy a new dictionary, and the stroke order add-on, respectively
I have two questions as to how I can do this.

1. If I have both accounts on the same device, and pleco, is of course only installed once, will the add-ons purchased on both accounts show up in pleco?

2. Can I provide the two accounts, and you can see that it is purchased, then move it over to the other account? This may not be available for you to do. Please disregard this request if it is not possible , or too time consuming.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
thefriendlygeek said:
1. If I have both accounts on the same device, and pleco, is of course only installed once, will the add-ons purchased on both accounts show up in pleco?

I don't know how that works for restoring purchases - I believe you can only be logged into one Google Play account at a time - but for Pleco purposes it's fine since everything ties back to your Registration ID; just re-enter that to reactivate all of the purchases that were already on it (which are totally independent of your Google account).

thefriendlygeek said:
2. Can I provide the two accounts, and you can see that it is purchased, then move it over to the other account? This may not be available for you to do. Please disregard this request if it is not possible , or too time consuming.

No way for us to move items between accounts on our end either, unfortunately.

mikelove said:
thefriendlygeek said:

I don't know how that works for restoring purchases - I believe you can only be logged into one Google Play account at a time - but for Pleco purposes it's fine since everything ties back to your Registration ID; just re-enter that to reactivate all of the purchases that were already on it (which are totally independent of your Google account).

So if I put the Registration ID that I already have into pleco, that I bought on the first account, then buy more add-ons on the second account, the purchase will be tied back to my original Registration ID, which is not tied to a google account? Am I understanding this correctly?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
thefriendlygeek said:
So if I put the Registration ID that I already have into pleco, that I bought on the first account, then buy more add-ons on the second account, the purchase will be tied back to my original Registration ID, which is not tied to a google account? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, that's correct. Your Android purchases live in two places - the Google account you bought them from and the Registration ID they were authorized with on our server - and can be reactivated from either.

I'm reporting that the purchase did indeed tie back to my registration ID when I First added it into pleco installed on my Nexus 7 that was logged into my other google account. Thanks for solving the problem before I even knew I would need to do this one day :)

I would recommend anyone else who may be doing this to make sure to only have the google account you will be making the add-on purchase on the device, as you may accidentally make the purchase on the wrong google account, if you are not careful.

This info should be put in a FAQ for other people that may also have a similar situation. The next version of Android is likely to have multi-user capability, as an incomplete version was found in Jelly Bean, so this may shortly be something that comes up more often.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
thefriendlygeek said:
I'm reporting that the purchase did indeed tie back to my registration ID when I First added it into pleco installed on my Nexus 7 that was logged into my other google account. Thanks for solving the problem before I even knew I would need to do this one day

No problem! Thanks for the update.

thefriendlygeek said:
I would recommend anyone else who may be doing this to make sure to only have the google account you will be making the add-on purchase on the device, as you may accidentally make the purchase on the wrong google account, if you are not careful.

Yes, and unfortunately there's no way to transfer them between accounts in Google's system, only in ours.

thefriendlygeek said:
This info should be put in a FAQ for other people that may also have a similar situation. The next version of Android is likely to have multi-user capability, as an incomplete version was found in Jelly Bean, so this may shortly be something that comes up more often.

I would hope that Google wouldn't introduce that without also allowing you to restore purchases from multiple accounts at the same time - it would be pretty reckless otherwise.