transferring from palm os to android

ckatt

状元
Hey there, any one have any experiences transferring their pleco from palm os to android. I'm wondering what the restrictions will be. i read on the info page that the license is only good for one device rather than three. i guess what i need to know is if i transfer my device but also buy some new feature , say the stroke order diagrams, will they then to be restricted to a single device too? i just got a new tablet and think i will buy a new phone soon, if i transfer from my palm will i then need to but other features twice?
thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
Hey there, any one have any experiences transferring their pleco from palm os to android. I'm wondering what the restrictions will be. i read on the info page that the license is only good for one device rather than three. i guess what i need to know is if i transfer my device but also buy some new feature , say the stroke order diagrams, will they then to be restricted to a single device too? i just got a new tablet and think i will buy a new phone soon, if i transfer from my palm will i then need to but other features twice?
thanks

Those would not be restricted, but it would probably be best to buy them in-app through Android Market rather than buying them directly from our store, since if you buy them from our store you'll have to contact us to manually set up a separate Registration ID for you with your non-merged purchases (and update it to apply them to both). With Android Market you'd simply buy on one device and "Restore Market Purchases" on the other.

ckatt

状元
Unfortunately i dont think i can do that since im in china and i cannt make in app purchases right? dose anybody know if the android market will work if i use a VPN?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
Unfortunately i dont think i can do that since im in china and i cannt make in app purchases right? dose anybody know if the android market will work if i use a VPN?

Oh, well then no - best bet in that case would be to buy from our store and then email us for help with a second ID.

ckatt

状元
when i get back to Canada next year will i be able to switch over or will i be forever stuck on the non market place version?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ckatt said:
when i get back to Canada next year will i be able to switch over or will i be forever stuck on the non market place version?

They're totally interchangeable - codes from one will work in either. Market just provides a slightly more convenient way to generate multiple IDs from the same purchase.