Transferring Pleco Complete from old to new iPhone

Hi Forum,

Sorry if this has been answered before (couldn't find it in a search) but I have Pleco Complete and my iPhone just crapped out. I'm getting a new one next week and would like to know how to transfer all my data over (including my flashcard data) to the new iPhone. Can anyone help me with this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jondesousa said:
Sorry if this has been answered before (couldn't find it in a search) but I have Pleco Complete and my iPhone just crapped out. I'm getting a new one next week and would like to know how to transfer all my data over (including my flashcard data) to the new iPhone. Can anyone help me with this?

When you activate your new iPhone you'll be asked if you want to restore its previous data from a backup - indicate yes and that ensure that your flashcards etc come back. However, if you were backing up to your computer before (rather than to iCloud) you'll need to make sure to likewise set up the new iPhone by syncing it with your computer, otherwise you won't be given the option to restore from that backup.

Thanks Mike. Due to the way my phone is set up for work, I can't use iCloud. So instead, I'll backup the old phone on iTunes first and when my new phone comes in tomorrow I'll sync it. Hopefully that will do it.

Thanks for all your help.

I was able to backup from my existing iPhone backup on iTunes and then just had to redownload the add-on files. All of my flashcard information automatically transferred. It was basically seemless.