Transferring purchase from 1 Apple ID to another

Estratos

Hi!

I just want to as is it possible to transfer a purchase from one Apple ID to another? I have purchased the OCR for Pleco using my US Apple ID, but I have moved abroad and would like to use a local Apple ID, because my CC card is in local currency.

Is it possible to transfer a purchase from one Apple ID to another, because even if I want to, I cannot download the old purchase using the US Apple ID, because my account has no valid US CC now and app store keeps denying purchases.

Or is there any other way to restore the purchase? The only confirmation of my purchase is the e-mail receipt I got from apple.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Estratos said:
I just want to as is it possible to transfer a purchase from one Apple ID to another? I have purchased the OCR for Pleco using my US Apple ID, but I have moved abroad and would like to use a local Apple ID, because my CC card is in local currency.

Is it possible to transfer a purchase from one Apple ID to another, because even if I want to, I cannot download the old purchase using the US Apple ID, because my account has no valid US CC now and app store keeps denying purchases.

Or is there any other way to restore the purchase? The only confirmation of my purchase is the e-mail receipt I got from apple.

There's no way to do that, unfortunately - people have been lobbying Apple to add support for it for a while, but they simply won't. The best bet might be to buy an inexpensive iTunes gift card in the US and use that to keep your US account valid.

But have you actually lost access to OCR on your current device? Changing iTunes accounts shouldn't affect the purchase activation system in Pleco.