TTS not working correctly

Matteo

Hi!
Today I purchased the Hong female TTS. It works well when I reproduce the audio of words with two or more characters and sentences. However, when I reproduce the audio of single characters I hear recorded audio.
I deleted the female audio pronunciation pack from the add ons menu, but still I hear the recorded audio instead of TTS.
I also tried to clear the cache from Android's settings, restarted my phone, I even uninstalled and reinstalled Pleco but I still hear the recorded audio.
Any idea how I can fix it?

My phone is a Motorola G6 running Android 9.

Thank you

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that.

I'm afraid we do not currently offer the option to use TTS voices for single syllables. If as a result of this you no longer wish to own that add-on, contact support and we'll be happy to set up a refund.

Matteo

Hi Mike,
That's too bad. I like to read novels in the file reader while listening to the pronounciation of each word (I jump from word to word with the volume button). Unfortunately having some words read by TTS and some with real recording feels unnatural and distracting.
I like the Hong voice, it would be great to have all words read by it.
Any chance it will be fixed in a future version of Pleco?

Thank you,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No immediate plans to fix that, but it should be possible to find a set of Expert Mode settings in our future 4.0 update to get that behavior since the order / selection of audio voices in general is pretty customizable.