Unable to use the handwriting input

Hi,
I installed Pleco on an iPad. After choosing ´Clipboard reader’ and clicking on the pencil icon (next to the keyboard icon), I expect to be able to input characters (by hand or through an Apple Pencil) but it doesn’t work !?
Any setting I need to do first ?
Thank you.
☺️

Shun

状元
Hi Dapi,

I opened Legacy Pleco on an iPad, and the handwriting input area did show up there (at the bottom right). So you tap the pencil icon, then the paintbrush at the top center. For the handwriting input area to appear, you may also need to tap the text to place the insertion mark.

IMG_0243.PNG

If that doesn't make the input panel appear, can you post a screenshot of what you see? (briefly press the on/off button and volume up simultaneously, then access your Photos library from the forums)

Is your iPadOS version up to date? If your Pleco doesn't contain any data yet, you could also try resetting the settings in Settings (the first option there) or completely uninstalling and reinstalling Pleco.

Cheers, Shun

Hi Shun,
Thank you for your reply.
My message was probably unclear: I have actually succeeded to get the window you showed, but I was really stupid as I was convinced that the input area is the (big) upper rectangle - this area is used in fact for the ouput . Of course, when using the lower right rectangle to input handwriting, all works fine ...
:-(
Best.