Updated Forum Software

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Now running XenForo 2.0, which along with adopting a more modern / less aggressively 3D theme is much better optimized for mobile than the old version.

Any problems / weird behaviors / etc please report here.

Reactions: Bvo

Shun

状元
I like it very much, but I see in the Firefox Inspector that the main font should be the beautiful Microsoft sans-serif "Segoe UI" font. (It's in the first position.) Instead, I am probably getting Helvetica Neue on my Mac Firefox 57.0.1.

Was the intention to use Segoe UI? Segoe UI would look like this:

SegoeUI.gif

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, quite right - looks like it deleted our custom override to use our default Source Sans Pro font.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
OK, updated it to use Apple's San Francisco font for now on iOS/macOS devices, since it's pretty similar to Source Sans Pro and I haven't yet figured out how to inject an outside font loading script into their new templates.

Shun

状元
One other thing about the new forum software: I accidentally hit "Command - Return" on a Mac and it would post the message right away. This can be good, but perhaps a little dangerous. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, good point but I'm not sure whether or not to change it since it is indeed also convenient and it's pretty easy to edit a post.