Upgrade to 2 Problem

Wan

榜眼
Hey everybody,

since I'm stuck with a little problem, I thought I'd better ask the omniscient forum community, maybe you can help. Supposedly, it's just a case of "why am I so damn blind" anyway.
My recently bought version of PlecoDict (Complete Bundle) worked well: I installed the latest 1.3 on my smartphone, which worked fine.
I then uninstalled that version and replaced it installing PlecoDict 2.0 as described on the manual page, also changing the device ID on "my orders". This worked like a charm as well.
However, when trying to implement the downloaded handedict and dehandict German dictionaries (from this website), PlecoDict wouldn't recognize them at all, even after trying every single directory and running Pleco several times. I thought a reinstall might do the trick, but now it seems that Pleco doesn't even recognize my keyfile anymore. I'm in constant demo mode. Is there a specific reason for this? Am I doing something terribly wrong? Some stupid mistake I just didn't take into account?

By the way, technical information:
PC: Xubuntu Linux, no Active Sync; using phone as USB drive (or using synce, which is too much for me to handle)
SmartPhone: HTC Touch Diamond WM6.1

Thanks in advance!
Phil

ipsi

状元
Where did you download the dictionaries from, exactly? Unless they were from this forum, chances are good they wouldn't be 2.0-compatible. Grab the "Extra Dictionaries" zip file - the ones in there will be what you want.

Place them in \Storage Card\Pleco, with the rest of your files. If that doesn't work, then the're probably not compatible. Also, they won't show up unless Pleco is unlocked. Pleco should pick up new files when activated, but if it doesn't seem to, quit it completely (Dict/Quit) and try again.

Have you tried re-installing your keyfile? If so, are you sure it's the one from the 2.0 orders page linked to in the announcement at the top of this forum? Finally, double-check your device ID and compare it to the one listed. A single typo would be really annoying :).

Always good to see another Ubuntu user :) (I use 7.10 at work and 8.04 at home, plain Ubuntu in both cases).

I think that's about all the help I can give. If none of that works, Mike might be able to give further assistance.

Wan

榜眼
Itsu, thanks!
Ubuntu, I love it due to its extraordinary package manager. And for some other reasons, of course :)

It seems to be that my system ID is not the one listed in the my orders page on pleco.com so the keyfile of course won't work.
However, I have no idea why this is the case: I bought PlecoDict some days ago, entered my device ID and it worked (version 1.3). After 2.0 installation, Pleco 2.0 displayed a different number which I entered on "my orders" page. This changed the downloadable Keyfile, I got the new one and successfully unlocked Pleco 2.0. Now, after reinstalling, the very same Keyfile doesn't seem to be recognized anymore. Any help?

Thanks
Phil

edit:
Sorry, I just realized the German dictionary was successfully installed, I just didn't hold tap the dictionary button. That's one problem solved, but trying to solve this one, I created the keyfile thingy, which is worse in all aspects :)

ipsi

状元
So you're saying that, when you go to the Pleco 2.0 "My Orders" page (http://www.pleco.com/beta/pd2orders.html), the device ID is not the one shown by Pleco, correct? Assuming that's the case, send an email to mikelove@pleco.com with the *correct* device ID, and they should be able to change it for you. I've got no idea why it would suddenly have changed, or worked once and then stopped working.