Using Stroke order hangs Windows Mobile, no audio, etc

ldolse

状元
- HTC Hermes
- HTC AKU2 ROM, WM5 5.1.195, ROM 1.35.255.2
- 2GB microsd card
- 7.81 megs ROM storage free, 137MB SD memory free
- ZTA4 Pinyin input installed

Not sure if you want each bug report in it's own thread or part of the bugs thread, but a separate thread seemed easier to track.

When I go to Stroke the stroke order view I can't see anything, no outline, etc. Just an empty white box. I can click things in that view and nothing happens, generally. The exception is the 'play' button. If I click the play button the whole system locks up. Using the Stroke order flashcards will also completely lock the system up. The system is partially responsive for a short while (start menu will drop down, but never loads today), eventually it freezes completely, forcing a soft-reset.

Additional items (as long as I'm posting):
The new audio feature doesn't work on this system at all.
I'm also seeing the extremely slow PPC rendering mentioned in another thread. I tried the alternate executable, I think it's slightly faster, but still really slow.

I followed the instructions in the guide - the exe file and hanwang dll are in a Pleco folder on ROM, the rest are in a Pleco folder on the storage card. At first I was using a different font renamed to ZYSong, I restored ZYSong after running into these issues, but that didn't make a difference.

One item of note - I haven't gone to the my orders page and gotten a 2.0 license, I'm just using the demo function.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The fact that you're using the demo version explains why stroke order and audio aren't working - they only work when the software is unlocked.

As far as the slow font rendering, we're still trying to get a definite handle on this but it's definitely fixable; we haven't implemented any sort of caching yet, for example, and that alone would make it several times faster. Not something we can do with a quick patch in a day or two, but hopefully in Beta 2 we'll have the problem licked.

ldolse

状元
Yes, I just applied the upgrades, so it's working now. However it does crash the whole system if you haven't paid for the stroke order support and try to use it.

When I did the upgrade a message told me not everything I paid for was installed, but I'm not sure what's missing. Audio seems to work, Stroke order now works, and I see both of the new dictionaries.

I thought demo mode might allow you to test all the functions out for the characters/words displayed under demo. Looks like Demo mode in general is going to need a lot of thought, but I imagine you're saving that for later. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, not exactly a priority given the extent to which we're discouraging even existing Pleco customers from installing this :)