Using the dictionaries... (add on ones)

Shadowdh

状元
Hi there all,

Well I am a very new ppc user and still learning, I have also only just started using the Plecodict which keeps getting better and better everytime I use it... but I do have a quick question... I have downloaded all the add on dictionaries and flashcards (many thanks) but I am not sure about how to access the adsotrans dictionary or the others... when I use Pleco I can toggle from ABC-OX-USR but cant seem to find the adso , the unihan, the LDC or the CEDict dictionaries... now I am probably doing something dumb or not understanding how they integrate but how do they get used in the Plecodict...?? I have the flash cards working fine and they have been a big help in character recognition... Thanks for any help...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If the files are installed then they should be accessible through that interface - where did you install them to? The best place for them is your PlecoDict installation directory (most likely \\Storage Card\Pleco Software PlecoDict, unless you're using WM5 in which case it would be \\Storage Card\Program Files\PlecoDict Engine) - copy them there and PlecoDict should be able to detect them. You'll need to exit and reopen PlecoDict before they appear in the list of dictionaries; choose "Quit" from the File menu and then restart PlecoDict and the new dictionaries should come up.

Shadowdh

状元
Ahhh its so simple when you know... thanks Mike I will do that now... I am using WM2003 but it is still labelled Plecodict Engine... weird...??

*edit* ooohhh... right then I copied the folders to the PD eng dir but then after it still didnt work I copied the actual files from the folders to the eng dir and bang there it was... brilliant... the unihan one is really good and adds new levels of functionality... Plecodict just keeps getting better... stop it... youre scaring me... :D

(I will soon get the hang of this new toy... I know I will.. cheers for your patience)...