A

Anonymous

Hi,

When is the version 1.0.4 coming out?

And the new version 2.0?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We don't have firm release dates for either of those - with 1.0.4 we're waiting for Palm's next new product release (since those releases almost invariably introduce new bugs which we then have to go and fix) and 2.0 won't be released until we feel it's ready. But 1.0.4 will be completely free, and many if not most of the new features in 2.0 should also be available in a free update, so it's not necessarily worth waiting for those new versions to be released before purchasing our software (if you haven't already).

A

Anonymous

If I purchase pleco now and you come out with version 2.0 in 4 to 6 months, will I be able to upgrade for free since my purchase so recently?

Maybe a good system for upgrading policy would be something like, "users who purchased pleco 1.0.3/4 on or after May 10th, would be allowed a free upgrade to 2.0 or something like that."

That would help users say if they purchased a few months or a few weeks right before the releases of the new version. Otherwise, I'd rather wait the few months berfore purchasing, but if for some reason the programming is delayed then I'm screwed and have to wait a lot longer than anticipated, etc. I'd simply have no idea when I should buy.

I'm thinking this would be a fair and good policy on upgrades. What do you think?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well honestly, as we're planning to give away most of the 2.0 stuff for free and only charge for a few extra add-ons, I don't think the current policy is unreasonable - as stated on the 2.0 preview page, the pricing structure is going to change significantly with 2.0 anyway, so you may not end up paying more by buying now and upgrading later. We're still trying to figure out how to handle pricing for the preview releases of 2.0, but that may provide you with a way to purchase the complete 2.0 system up front and get to use the more stable 1.0 in the meantime until 2.0 is ready - no firm date on when that's going to be available, though.