Web Reader problem - no popup box

tbnews2

I couldn't find mention of this elsewhere:

The problem is with the Reader, specifically the Web Reader (and the Document File Reader when using HTML docs). I am able to load a webpage in the Reader, but when I click on any Chinese word, nothing happens (no popup definition).

The popup box does work, however, in the pasteboard. But I don't really use the pasteboard and heavily use the Web Reader.

Any ideas?

I'm running the original iPad, and have neither installed nor augmented anything on the machine or apps that would have precipitated this. I tried restarting the iPad, uninstalling/reinstalling Pleco, etc, to no avail.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tbnews2 said:
The problem is with the Reader, specifically the Web Reader (and the Document File Reader when using HTML docs). I am able to load a webpage in the Reader, but when I click on any Chinese word, nothing happens (no popup definition).

The popup box does work, however, in the pasteboard. But I don't really use the pasteboard and heavily use the Web Reader.

Tap on the address bar, then tap on the "Live" button that appears above it; you use that to toggle "Live Mode" (which allows for tap-lookups) on and off. We don't leave it on all the time because it can actually screw up the rendering of some web pages (and slows things down a good bit too); pasteboard-based lookups are faster and more compatible.