Why does my key not stick on the sd card?

Shadowdh

状元
Hi there,

I have pleco installed to my card, had my device id changed to my card id in my accounts here and then got a new key so that I could activate it on my card. When I install a new ROM on my x1 however and the hard reset takes place I have to reactivate my pleco with the key again. I thought that having pleco installed on the card and using my card id key to activate it meant I didnt have to keep reactivating it after this sort of thing... or am I mistaken... (more than likely the case given my horrible level of technology know how)... cheers

ldolse

状元
Pleco still needs to be activated after a hard reset - it stores the activation info in the registry and this is deleted on a hard re-set. The value that using the Card provides is that your card ID will persist across multiple ROM upgrades or devices. Additionally you can have multiple licensed devices by moving the card from one device to another, though that's probably an edge use.

Shadowdh

状元
Ah I thought that the activation data was stored on the card so you could move the card between devices that you own... so that would mean with each device I have that I put the card into to use I would have to re-install the keyfile... is that correct? If so I thought that have Pleco activated to the card did away with the need to re activate all the time...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, though if you lock the file in Windows, that should prevent Pleco from deleting it each time it reads it off of the card.