3.0 New Dictionary Bug Report / Feedback Thread

Another HDC bug... this time with simp./trad. characters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 770
Another bug, this time in ABC: look up 太史公 in ABC and you'll see "Si1ma3 Qian1" and "Si1ma3 Tan2". I've encountered some other entries like this in ABC where there are numbers instead of actual tones.

JD

状元
Are the "parts of speech" in the ABE dictionary supposed to have pop ups like the ABC dictionary does? What I mean is that on a word with a "Noun" form, should you be able to touch the "N" and have a popup describing he part of speech? If so, it is not working for me. The pop ups on parts-of-speech in ABC work just fine.

Last edited:

JD

状元
I was curious if this is a bug or just my limited misunderstanding. If I look up the word 胖, it says the Radical is 肉, ròu, but the Component is 月, yuè. My understanding is that the same symbol for "moon" is also used as a variant for "meat", so my expectation was to see the component be marked as a variant of 肉, or in other words, as 月. Why does the radical show up as "meat", but the component explicitly as "Moon"?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ABE is not supposed to have popups yet, no - we didn't bother adding them since that seemed like a pretty low priority (as we're mostly selling this to English speakers who don't need the English grammar help).

Our component breakdowns are primarily visual rather than linguistic; we'd eventually like to expand the database to offer both, but visual is what we've focused on first since that's also what we used in the old (stroke-order-database-derived) component database.

etm001

状元
In PLC dictionary, look up "隻". The second entry notes that 隻 is a measure word, but the usage examples incorrectly use "只".