3.2.0 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - should hopefully get at least the first one fixed in 3.2.4, not sure if we can do anything about the second or if that's an OS-level thing.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@Shun - I can't seem to reproduce your first bug on an iPad Air 2 here; could you possibly send me a screenshot after it happens (there may be some lines or shadows or other items in that right plane that will be telling).

Shun

状元
I just tried it again, and Pleco duly jumped back to the top when I tapped on another search result. If I find out what needs to be done to reproduce it, I will let you know.

More random Korean:
image.jpg

Some random characters in here:
image.jpg

Recreation of the user dicts problem with LA this time:
image.jpg
Then on close and reopen:
image.jpg

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@ACardiganAndAFrown - thanks! Random Korean we think we've addressed for 3.2.4. Random characters in the name are a data file bug we'll fix when we update SDCMC again.

User dictionary issue on reopen seems to relate to the same delay you mentioned before - the user dictionary hasn't finished loading in the background yet when Pleco performs the search; however, we can / will add a notification to make it run the current search again once the user dictionaries have finished loading.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That seems to work OK here - could you be more specific about how it's broken? And this is on your iPhone 4 with 7.1?

buckdale

秀才
Mike, I hope this is the right place for my bug report. I have Version 3.2.3 on iPad, and I just noticed that when highlighting a word somewhere in a dictionary entry and then going to it using ">", the new dictionary entry found does not appear in the history. For example, I went to 全力. Under the OXC definition, there is an example phrase given, namely 全力以赴。I highlighted this phrase and went to its dictionary entry to see the CY explanation. Ten minutes later after looking up some other entries, I forgot the last two characters, so I thought I would check it out in the History, but found it didn't appear there.

buckdale

秀才
I've just downloaded Version 3.2.4 on iPad, and the bug previously referred to still exists. This unnecessarily limits the usefulness of History as illustrated in the previous example.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Those are added to history, but they're listed in the "Reader" rather than the "Dict" tab - tap on the Reader tab in history and you should see words you look up this way listed there.

Shun

状元
Hi Mike,

when browsing a dictionary (in this case the SCM), opening an entry, and tapping on a headword to get a Pop-up Definition, the keyboard slips down as shown on this screenshot. I am also missing the other dictionary definitions for the headword chosen after the SCM entry or a ">" button to get to all the dictionary definitions for what the Pop-up Definition has selected.

Thanks!

image.jpg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Wait, so the keyboard didn't hide as soon as you went to the browse screen? Did you bring up the browse screen from a list of dictionary search results, or from somewhere else?

Also, the popup bubble isn't visible in this shot at all - does that still appear correctly? (so it's just the toolbar that goes missing)

Shun

状元
Yeah, from a dictionary search result; the keyboard stayed around, that seems to be the prerequisite for this bug. No way I can reproduce it now, though. Sorry about that. I have to make it a habit to reproduce a bug before reporting it. The popup bubble did appear correctly, just no toolbar at the bottom.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The toolbar was probably just covered by the keyboard in that case - anyway we'll keep an eye out for any other reports of the keyboard not disappearing when it's supposed to.