OCR requests

bglasow

举人
(1) Capture toggle

When using OCR I find frequent occasions where I want to capture new text, and plenty of other occasions where I need to append a second capture to existing text. The current way to change that is buried a few layers within the Settings and becomes a hassle to toggle back and forth on a frequent basis.

Is it possible to add the ability to quickly toggle back-and-forth between appending/combining the captured text versus clearing the screen as a new capture? Perhaps a tap-hold on the capture button might bring up a popup to allow one to override the configured default setting on a case by case basis?

(2) Picture refresh

Would it be possible to allow a user to refresh the photo (take a second photo) without having to exit/reenter the still picture recognizer? I sometimes have a sentence I need to capture that spans the front and back of a page. With Still Image recognizer I don't think there is a way for me to grab the two parts of that sentence under a single capture.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Reasonable enough - we'll see about that the next time we refresh the OCR UI.

2) Possibly, but we can do that right now through our OCR's PDF reading function - have you considered using one of the (many) iOS scanner utilities to scan your document to a PDF and then opening that in Pleco?

bglasow

举人
Thanks, on #2 I hadn't thought of that. That sounds like a good approach and should work fine for this scenario.