Pleco for Android 3.2 Beta 1

Taichi

榜眼
Trivial bug: If I open a popup in a one pane result and jump to the word, then go back to the original word, tags of the original word disappear.

BTW, is there any plan to show more than three tags?

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's an odd one - thanks!

Would like to show more but still deciding how to do it UI-wise - adding another column of them is probably what we'll end up with.

Taichi

榜眼
I see, then how about tapping on tabs shows current categories. Currently need to temporarily add to the defalut category to see it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I was kind of thinking that tapping on them would eventually bring you to a list of all of the cards in that category, actually - seems like a more logical thing for it to do.

Try this - go into Settings / Flashcards and set "Duplicate (not in category)" to "prompt" - that will give you the same dialog for cards that aren't in the default category that you get for cards that are (but with an option included to add the card to that category).

Taichi

榜眼
I agree that's more logical :) Anyways there aren't that many users having many tags.
In my case, the "prompt" option really helps for search, but not for the reader.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, do you mean that it's not working in the reader or simply that it's too much of a hassle to use?

giokve

进士
When I want to create a flashcard, the + button next to each dictionary doesn't always work - I have to tap the big + next to the search bar first and only then the small + next to the dictionary name start to work as it should.

As an aside, I have stopped reviewing my flashcards because I can't easily switch between the dictionaries while reviewing: I hope this feature will be back soon.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@giokve - should have that fixed soon, thanks. If you go to the second of the two GPlay beta signup pages you can temporarily remove yourself from the beta test, then back up your flashcards / delete / reinstall Pleco to revert to the old version.

Taichi

榜眼
I'm not sure if this is specific to 3.2 beta, but the pen icon for adding user dictionary entry is not available for the two pane mode.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not a new one, but we'll see if we can find space for it in the toolbar. (Is this in portrait or landscape mode?)

Taichi

榜眼
This is portrait. The voice input icon is also missing (screenshot 1).
Landscape shows the pen icon and voice input icon.
When the keyboard is open, the bar shows more stuff on the right side (screenshot 2), so there is enough space.
FYI I'm on xperia z ultra.

Attachments

• IMG_20140922_122300.JPG
    IMG_20140922_122300.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_20140922_122322.JPG
    IMG_20140922_122322.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 456

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Understood - its disappearance in some of those cases is by design (too little space left in the search bar) but we need to provide an alternate way to get at it in those cases.

HW60

状元
In flashcards, I would like to make 2 proposals for repeating cards which have not been answered correct in the first round and now are repeated (loop repeat incorrect): Even if I know the right answer in the second round, some of the cards I would like to repeat even more than only once. That can be the case with new cards or with cards I have problems to remember at all or with cards I have not seen for a long time. In that case I would like to have another button (besides the next card button) which means "next card, but repeat again". Today I solve this problem by giving a wrong answer though I know the right answer. Pleco should continue looping until all cards have a correct answer and are finished with "next card" only.

The second proposal for the same cards which had a wrong answer in the first round: when the whole flashcard session is done, I sometimes like to repeat the wrong cards of that session. Of course I could make another (non SRS) profile and select all cards with a score of 100, but it would be very convenient if Pleco would use the same profile and an option "repeat incorrect cards of last session", without changing the score during this repetition.

Btw the Only change once per day does change the score once more on the same day in this situation, in my settings going down to 100 after the wrong answer, and going up again with a frequence adjusted session.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not sure about that first one - it feels to me like marking a card 'wrong' is a pretty sensible way to deal with this. I suppose we could add an option for multiple loops but I'd need to see more evidence that that's something people want.

Second one makes a lot of sense - a shortcut for that is definitely something we could use.

(and yes, that's the expected behavior for "only change once" I believe)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, looks like an issue with selecting text in the second part of multi-part GF definitions - thanks.

HW60

状元
In flashcards: New Test, Begin Test Session, Exit Test Session with device back button, New Test, Yes (on Cancel question), Pleco ist stopped ("Pleco angehalten" on Samsung Tab 3 Pro, just quit on HTC One X).