Preliminary TX Fix Posted

A

Anonymous

Just checking up quickly, because I am flying to Shanghai tomorrow --
I bought the TX in Europe, so no Chinese OS.
I have a one Gigabyte expansion card, which was inserted when I ran the installer, but I always installed the dictionary to the built-in memory. It was the complete installer and I normally (can't remember whether I did so at every single try though) also installed the add-on databases from your download page.
Yes, I made sure that the backup was not played back onto the device after the hard reset.

Well, the status quo is, that I'm running it now completely off the expansion card -- and since then I only encountered one crash which was due to low running battery while I was using the dictionary. But this could be solved without a hotsync (taking out the expansion card - soft reset - reinserting the expansion card - did the trick already) - so I should be fine for now.

If I find some other reliably reproducable crashing situation - I will get back to you with it,
so long and thanks for all your help!
-patrick

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually, even if you don't check the "Install to card" box in the installer, most of the files will still be installed to the expansion card (if it's inserted) - the only difference is that the font files will be installed to main memory instead of to the card. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it appears to be (mostly) working now - we're pretty much done with the 1.0.3 update but we'll keep an eye out for future bugs like this. Thanks for all the great feedback!