Reader features request

dightonjw

秀才
The beta is great and I love it. With that said I've spent a lot of time using kybook 3, which is a really great pdf, ebook, etc reader. It does a few things really well, and these features are the main reason I use it.
  • Cropping margins from PDFs
  • Re-flowing PDFs for readability
  • Re-sizing fonts in PDFS
  • Theming PDFs for readability.
These 4 tools make it the best reader I've used, hands down. I use Pleco because it's the best Chinese learning tool... but I'd really like it to be more PDF friendly. Any chance of getting these features to try in some future beta?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Why not just pull up the PDF in 'reading mode'? (you can get at that from the share menu)

That should give you the extracted text of it in a totally customizable format, where you can tweak the margins / colors / fonts however you like and add whatever additional formatting you like (including, say, ruby text large enough to easily read, which requires extra space to be inserted between characters).

dightonjw

秀才
Got it. That works. I hadn’t played with the share menu. Only thing I don’t like is that the text reflows a little funny. There are some breaks in places that I wouldn’t have expected.
I was able to use some command line tools to convert the PDF and reflow everything nicely.