Reader loses tap response

mikeo

榜眼
I have a 1000+ page document in reader.

About 80% of the time when I copy, move to the Notes app to paste, type something into notes, then return to Pleco Reader, all tap response is gone and popup definitions no longer appear anywhere in the document.

Page navigation still works, the menus are still active, but the only way I've found to retore tap response is to kill Pleco and restart it-- then all is well again.

Anybody else seen a similar problem?

Shun

状元
Yes, I've encountered the same issue after copying a large amount of text out of the Reader; quitting and restarting Pleco also helped in my case. It's not a deal breaker for me, so I didn't report it.

Last edited:

mikeo

榜眼
Just noticed that font size seems to affect it...have only done this sequence a couple times so it's possibly a coincidence and not related to the original problem, but:

Font size in the long document in reader was 28 xin gothic sc, and I recently enlarged it to 30. The problem then disappeared: I could copy, exit pleco, paste into notes, comment, and come back to pleco reader with it still producing popup definitions on a tap.

When I again changed font to size 28, the problem reAppeared. And disappeared again after changing back to 30.

Will stay with font size 30 and hope for no recurrence...but still puzzled.

Shun

状元
It seems to happen quite randomly on my side, too. Makes it hard to nail down the bug...

mikeo

榜眼
Loss of tap response in reader just happened again, at 30 points. This is after loading google maps, which is fairly memory-hungry.

So still no solution, but maybe there's some connection to memory management, either in IOS itself or pleco.

Shun

状元
That may well be.

I imagine it may also solve itself when 3.1.4 or 3.2 are released.