Registering Oxford Dicts in Plecodict

A

Anonymous

I'm using Plecodict fine - loving it. However i'm not able to switch to my Oxford Dictionaries - whenever I do, I get the "DEMO" readout on.

I've gone to the Ordering screen and entered my Oxford code, however, it still reads that these are Demo Dicts; it doesn't change to paid dicts.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Which Oxford code are you entering? You should be using the one with letters, not numbers - it'll be in the same "Order Information from Pleco Software" e-mail as your main PlecoDict registration code.

And when you enter the code and tap on the Apply button, what happens? Does any sort of error message come up?

A

Anonymous

duel Oxford dictionaries

I'm entereing the Oxford code that is only letters. However, no error code comes up - just the "Code accepted, thank you for your support" message.

Click ok and the Oxford dictionaries are still under the DEMO Dicts column; however, below that the entry for "Software:" is "Paid."

It's interesting that under the Demo Dicts column, I have two Oxford C-E and two Oxfor E-C entries - could it be that this is the problem? If so, where should I be placing my Oxford dicts within my Clie? I currently have them both on the handheld's harddrive AND the MS\Palm\Launcher; guess I never thought that having them in both places would hurt.

Thanks for your timely response Michael.[/b]

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That is odd... probably a bug, the software is supposed to check and make sure that it only loads a single copy of any given dictionary. But even if it did load two copies it should still be able to unlock both... it would probably be best if you kept the copies on the handheld and deleted the ones on your Memory Stick - that should fix this for now.