restoring purchased apps

semola

Hi,
I need to format my Ipod touch from the apple's file format to the Window's file format, so I'll obviously loose all the datas that are stored in the device.
I can't have access to my old Itunes (it was on my girlfirend' s mac and now we broke up....) and to any of the backups, so I'd like to know if this could be a problem when I ll have to restore my pleco purchases on my formatted ipod.
thanks,
Alberto.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's going to be a little tricky if you change devices in the future - was this still your iTunes account? If so, there's no reason you can't set it up on your computer as well - the only problem would be if it was purchased under her account, in which case there wouldn't really be any way to get access to purchases on it without her help.

As far as your immediate problem, though, just go into the Pleco "Settings" tab and write down the "Registration ID" at the top of the screen. If your Pleco purchases get wiped out by the device re-sync, you can re-download / reopen the free version of Pleco, go back into the "Settings" tab, tap "Enter Registration ID" and enter that ID to restore your purchases; this only works for a restore on the same device, though.

semola

Thanks, The addons were purchased on my account, so I guess there shouldn't be problems when I'll re sync the IPod on a new computer.
Thanks again for your help.

jmpaq

Hi from a forum newbie!
Quite a while back, I purchased the full screen addon and I really love it (I' m close to 60 so even with the reading glasses the small screen drawing area was difficult).
unfortunately no 1 daughter synched my ipod touch (2G) with her laptop and I lost all my apps.
When I resynch with my itunes and the apps in my pc library I only get back the basic version.

How can I also restore the full screen addon?
do I have to purchase it again?

thanks
8)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jmpaq said:
How can I also restore the full screen addon?
do I have to purchase it again?

Nope, just go into the Pleco "Add-ons" tab and tap "Restore Purchases" and that should bring it back.