2.0.1 Beta 1 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
daniel123 - OK, #2 is found / fixed, still not sure about #1 though.

Wan - are you sure that's the only difference between the two sessions? You're not, say, exiting one with the Exit button but waiting for the 5-card session to end naturally? And the other settings are the same? Very odd...

are you storing your flashcards as a PDB or have you moved them to your Zodiac's internal VFS drive / an SD card?

Flashcards appear to be on the Left Card right now.

I did get a set of reproducible steps.

1. Clear All (it really does clear everything)
2. Open "Class" group and select the subgroup "T" (TingShuo)

This will cause the "Grammar->Radicals->Radical Entries" to be selected. However, it does not select the "Radicals" group itself.

You should have a copy of this database. Otherwise, email me to ask me to send it to you again. I also made screen shots that I could email you.

How can I select just the "Radicals" group and NOT any of the subcategories? Currently I don't see a way to do that.

Everything is from the flashcard category selection screen, btw.

daniel123

榜眼
mikelove said:
daniel123 - OK, #2 is found / fixed, still not sure about #1 though.

Glad that you could fix #1. About #2 I don't know either in which case it happened. I will have an eye on it. Maybe it just happend after some time of using. maybe it happens after a special event.

I found a tiny tone error: shui4 ge4 hao3 jiao4 (睡个好觉). The last word is pronounced wrong. Not jiao4 but like "ji oh". The single word jiao4 will be pronounced correctly. Just a small thing.

Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges - found/fixed now, thanks.

daniel123 - that looks like an issue in the HanDeDict database, actually (that particular syllable is encoded differently from the others in the database so Pleco interprets it as two different syllables) - I just submitted it on their website so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Wan

榜眼
mikelove said:
Wan - are you sure that's the only difference between the two sessions? You're not, say, exiting one with the Exit button but waiting for the 5-card session to end naturally? And the other settings are the same? Very odd...
The settings are exactly the same. The categories are the same, too. In both cases, I finish the session by writing the correct character, although it's mostly the second attempt.

Wan

radioman

状元
For the flashcards, I am trying to understand about limiting unlearn cards.

With regard to limiting unlearned cards, If I have 1000 cards, and I have not learned any of them, set the number of cards in the session to "All" and I set unlearned to 5 cards, then will I only have 5 cards come up for the session (in some sort of random selection out of the 1000?, assuming random is selected).

If I have learned 500 (e.g., 3 times in a row correct), would I expect that that when I run the next time, i will have 505 cards entered into the session?

If I then change the number of cards to be reviewed to 200 cards total, with that then provide me with a flash cards session of 195 learned cards and 5 unlearned? including 195 learned and 5 unlearned all chosen randomly?

And If I bail out of the session and start again after learning one of the 5 cards, would it then come back and show me a new randomly selected 195 cards as well as new 5 unlearned cards.

mfcb

状元
maybe not a 2.0.1 beta 1 related problem, but i have problems to assign "keys" to functions. anyway its maybe something unsupported what i try to do, but i think it would be easy for you to enable it.

as i have a HTC Touch pro now, i am faced with the problem of very few hardware keys available (not assigned to Manila). so i purchased FTouchSL which enables a few gestures and hotspots, that can be assigned to functions/applications/keys. so if i assign any key-code (lets say 5) to the up-left gesture, i am able to assign it to pleco, (press key to assign, i make the gesture, and then it shows the key-code 5, so it was recognized...) but afterwards, when i make the gesture to perform the function (lets say "open reader") its not done...

another problem in the same category is, that almost any key from the physical keybord is recognized as "e5", and also NEVER triggers any assigned functions...

any reasons known, why this might be like that?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Wan - strange... how are your other settings configured? Have you enabled the "allow edits during sessions" option? What about reviewing incorrect cards at the end?

radioman - this is mostly correct, yes. However, the new cards to learn are only randomly selected if you configure it that way - you can also set them to be chosen in the order created (or approximate order, which randomly chooses between cards created on the same day). If you've learned 500 then you would indeed get 505 the next time you run it. If you reduce the session to 200 cards, the ones that actually show up will depend on what card selection algorithm you've selected - if you're using Frequency-adjusted then they'll come up at the same frequencies they would otherwise, so you probably would see all 5 unlearned cards at some point but it's not guaranteed. With Random card selection, however, if you configured the learned:unlearned ratio to say 50:50 then you would definitely see all 5 unlearned cards (and no more; it would choose the other 195 randomly from the learned ones); if your unlearned limit was 100 and you had 100 unlearned cards and 500 learned cards you'd see 100 of each in that mode. If you bail out of a session after learning one of the cards, that one will go into the pool from which the other 195 are drawn but the other 4 unlearned cards would keep coming up until you learned them, so there'd only be one new unlearned card added.

Bit confusing, I know - there should be a slightly better explanation of this in the 2.0.1 manual, though I don't really expect it to be that widely used until 2.1 comes out and we (hopefully) finally make some progress on flashcard ease-of-use.

mfcb - this is kind of tricky, unfortunately, since we do a couple of little hacks to get keyboard presses to reliably end up in the Input Field in the main screen - before we did that we'd get frequent complaints from people that they'd enter a letter and not have it show up (because the Input Field had lost the keyboard focus and the characters were getting directed somewhere else - difficult thing to completely prevent). However, in the just-released Beta 2 there are now shortcut letters in the menus, so you can access almost any command using those - press the softkey to launch the menu and then press the appropriate letter (or letters if it's in a submenu) to activate the command.

daniel123

榜眼
mikelove said:
daniel123 - that looks like an issue in the HanDeDict database, actually (that particular syllable is encoded differently from the others in the database so Pleco interprets it as two different syllables) - I just submitted it on their website so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Sorry, I do not understand. I created a custom flash card. The Pinyin contains "shui4 ge4 hao3 jiao4". I think it should be pronounced correctly.

Not an important thing. But I don't understand the relationship to the HanDeDict database when using a custom card.

daniel123

榜眼
daniel123 said:
mikelove said:

Sorry, I do not understand. I created a custom flash card. The Pinyin contains "shui4 ge4 hao3 jiao4". I think it should be pronounced correctly.

Not an important thing. But I don't understand the relationship to the HanDeDict database when using a custom card.

Sorry, my mistake. Everything works fine.