2.0 Screen Resolution Support?

ipsi

状元
Given all the crazy screen-sizes coming out for WM phones, what resolutions are you guys planning on supporting?

We've got, what, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 400x240, 320x320, and 640x480? I have no doubt there'll be more as time goes by...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You forgot 800x480. We've gotten it working with 320x320 now, though it's a bit ugly since we haven't redone the icons (and hence they take up the full space for each button, as on Palm), so pretty much all of these should be supported - we won't be sure about 800x480 until Microsoft releases an emulator image for it that isn't as buggy as the current one (or until we just get a phone with that resolution), but we've tested it successfully with the others.

Eggwind

举人
Sorry mike, I never gave you any follow-up on my experience with my Pleco on 800x480. The third-tone display errors I mentioned in this thread are probably because of some incompatibility between the Japanese Windows Mobile OS and CE-star or something like that, so I don't think it has anything to do with PlecoDict. The same characters in Word Mobile produce blank squares. Anyway, I don't notice any display-related bugs in beta 4. I'll give beta 5 a hard workout, since I'm on break now.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, those don't sound like they could be resolution-related errors. Glad to hear it's working OK in Beta 4 - Beta 5 will finally be out next week and hopefully should be even smoother.