2.2.0 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks for the note on this - I'm seeing it here too now; can't think of a change in 2.2.0 that would be likely to cause this, but we'll take a look and hopefully get to the bottom of it soon.

johnh113

榜眼
mikelove said:
Thanks for the note on this - I'm seeing it here too now; can't think of a change in 2.2.0 that would be likely to cause this, but we'll take a look and hopefully get to the bottom of it soon.

Dear Mike,

I noticed this also and had been meaning to mention it. This is definitely a new bug.

John

sinoreen

举人
Hi Mike!

i haven't visited this forum for quite some time. i've been using pleco for several years now, and i'm still using it every day. i know this thread is not the right place, but i once again want to express my gratitude for your great work. I'm definitely among the heavy users of pleco, and i don't know if my chinese would have come so far without this awesome piece of software.
I just retired my palm tx and bought the complete bundle for iphone (3gs ios4.1). I still haven't gone through all the settings but one problem i found has to do with bookmarks. When in the web reader or document reader (no matter whether live mode and auto clip are enabled or not), it is mostly not possible for me to add bookmarks because no keyboard appears on the "New Bookmark"-screen to type in the name of the bookmark. Furthermore, as soon as the "New Bookmark"-screen appears, the screen layout gets messy, with the top bar saying "New Bookmark" being partially covered by iphone's top status bar (including carrier, signal strength etc.). When leaving the "New Bookmark"-screen (without having been able to create a bookmark) and going back to the web browser's main screen, only half of pleco's navigation bar at the bottom is visible. When i then tap my iphone's home screen button and then enter pleco again (without having completely shut down pleco - so the web browser directly opens again), there is a white unused bar between apple's status bar and pleco's web browser's adress bar, and pleco's navigation bar at the bottom is still only half visible.

However, this is an inconsistent behavior - the problem appears most of the time, but oncethe keyboard appeared for a couple of minutes, i could add bookmarks and there was also no problem with the screen layout. But since then (without me having changed any settings), the problem is back. (And then there's also consistency within the problem, that means layout problems are always exactly the same).
I'm sorry I was not able to find out under which circumstances it works and under which not. I hope you're able to reproduce that problem, as the web reader will be a very important feature for me (and i LOVE how smoothly the live mode works - i really don't know why you say in the manual that it is sooo slow. i didn't experience that here - It's fast.)

Attachments

• Foto1.PNG
    Foto1.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 1,740
  • Foto2.PNG
    Foto2.PNG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,735
  • Foto3.PNG
    Foto3.PNG
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,761

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
johnh113 said:
I noticed this also and had been meaning to mention it. This is definitely a new bug.

I think we've found the problem now - relates to the new code we added to deal with spaces / newlines appearing in the middle of words. Should be fixed in 2.2.2 anyway.

sinoreen said:
i haven't visited this forum for quite some time. i've been using pleco for several years now, and i'm still using it every day. i know this thread is not the right place, but i once again want to express my gratitude for your great work. I'm definitely among the heavy users of pleco, and i don't know if my chinese would have come so far without this awesome piece of software.

Thanks!

sinoreen said:
I just retired my palm tx and bought the complete bundle for iphone (3gs ios4.1). I still haven't gone through all the settings but one problem i found has to do with bookmarks. When in the web reader or document reader (no matter whether live mode and auto clip are enabled or not), it is mostly not possible for me to add bookmarks because no keyboard appears on the "New Bookmark"-screen to type in the name of the bookmark. Furthermore, as soon as the "New Bookmark"-screen appears, the screen layout gets messy, with the top bar saying "New Bookmark" being partially covered by iphone's top status bar (including carrier, signal strength etc.). When leaving the "New Bookmark"-screen (without having been able to create a bookmark) and going back to the web browser's main screen, only half of pleco's navigation bar at the bottom is visible. When i then tap my iphone's home screen button and then enter pleco again (without having completely shut down pleco - so the web browser directly opens again), there is a white unused bar between apple's status bar and pleco's web browser's adress bar, and pleco's navigation bar at the bottom is still only half visible.

We've actually had one other report of this sort of keyboard problem recently in flashcards, but no luck reproducing it so far - does it happen even with all of Pleco's settings on their default values? The layout problem sounds similar to one that we dealt with just recently with OCR so hopefully that'll be easier to fix...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
goldyn chyld said:
Sorry, I meant 2.2.2... So that means you've already submitted it to Apple?

Yes, though there's still the chance we might have to pull it back if we find a serious last-minute bug. (happened with the original OCR release but we're hopeful it won't happen again this time)