3000 Single words in order of frequency

areskz

Thank you for sharing!

But how do you import it to Pleco?
I mean, yes, there is an Import option in Flashcards, but even after setting UTF-8 it still imports these 3000 words with wrong formatting.

Would you please explain how to import correctly?

Last edited:

Sy

进士
WOW, this title is really interesting.
But I am in step 1. Don't wait for me , just answer my rudimentary questions
1/ in zein,s 3000 freq,ly used characters. What do you consider a flashcard? A character line like 的?
Is so, there will be 3000 cards when imported to Pleco?
2/ there are Pleco Cards called group a, You import 3000 zein cards called b,
you said pleco software sees Group b coming, Pleco avoid s group b definition and head word and pinyin
To reduce duplication?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Yes, there'd be 3000 cards, one for each of the 3000 characters.

2) Yes, but if you set "duplicate cards" on the Import screen to something else, you can have it create duplicates for you.

Sy

进士
Like to know the macro view of Pleco.
image.jpeg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Sorry, what do you mean by "one flashcard"? I suppose in theory you could paste that entire list into a single flashcard for review but I don't quite understand what you'd be trying to accomplish by that.

2) It wouldn't show up in dictionary searches unless you created a user dictionary entry for it - there's an option to do that in the card info screen, and a batch command to turn all of the flashcards in a category into user dictionary entries under Edit / Batch.

3) You could do that with a user dictionary, yes - you'd have your own database which would come up in Pleco just like one of our dictionaries. Documentation on user dictionaries is a bit limited but http://pleco.com/ipmanual/dict.html#userdictionaries is what we have so far.

Sy

进士
1/. Yes, I meant to patse the entire 3000 characters list in one single card.
In electronic dictionary search , I enter "table ". I get the answer for table only.i was thinking to see the neighboring terms when I search Table.
Of course I can go to Zein,s original list for that. But I want to keep Zein,s within
Pleco so I won't have to get out of Pleco site. Then ,I have to ask permission from Zein due to copy right.
In Zein,s work , the copy right data is the definition , not the head characters nor
The pinyin.. Is that right? If so, I can re do my own definitions to avoid copy right conflict. This require time And effort.
2/. And 3/
Begin to understand more now but need to try out
万分 THANKS.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Makes sense, but in that case it might be simpler just to put it in a text file and view that in the document reader (which has its own search function).

Sy

进士
Is this good place to start?
Beginning from october 2013, to today i have learned first 300 characters, but this are only single characters, not words, i still could not construct any word.
For example i know what 現 mean and i know what 在 means, but i would never know that 現在 means "now".
Shouldnt i learn words, not characters?

I use 汉英词典 by commercial press often. It has head characters plus compound
Characters terms. In this dictionary there are 6000 head characters and 50,000
词条Terms . I like this big book of 8X 11". There are condensed version in U S bookstores.
  • image.jpeg

Sy

进士
Is this good place to start?
Beginning from october 2013, to today i have learned first 300 characters, but this are only single characters, not words, i still could not construct any word.
For example i know what 現 mean and i know what 在 means, but i would never know that 現在 means "now".
Shouldnt i learn words, not characters?

The term 现在 is on the next page

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 527

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually a slightly modified version of the dictionary that we licensed + modified ourselves to make our PLC dictionary - look up one of the words in this in Pleco and you'll see that the definition in PLC is almost word-for-word identical :)

Sy

进士
AMAZING!!
In my hard copy 汉英词典there are 946 pages with approx,ly 50 entries
Per page equals about 50,000 terms(47,300 ) . this is my ideal reference; thus ,PLC
DICTIONARY is an ideal electonic dictionary.
I went to a few entries to check out the definitions; they are the same.
I wonder how were these terms in the hard copy dictionary transferred
To a text/document format ( PLEASE COMMENT). Thanks.

Sy

进士
Talking about references,I also use
新英汉词典 by joint publishing company of Hong Kong. C1975.
汉语大字典缩印本....about 56,000 字头in radical index.应有尽有.
I made my own Quick Pinyin to 查 6000 common characters 表 for general use.
广州音字典contains 新华字典 内容 definitions with added Cantonese pinyin
汉语成语小语典..commercial press 北京版...3013 entries from 北大中文系