Amount of flashcards to learn for each SRS session?

Mic

This must me the stupidest question but I couldn't figure out how to limit the amount of flashcards I learn each day.
Sometimes when I do my SRS session, it gives me too many vocabs that my brain cannot handle.

Can I set it to just 20 cards each time or something?

Thank you!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Mic said:
This must me the stupidest question but I couldn't figure out how to limit the amount of flashcards I learn each day.
Sometimes when I do my SRS session, it gives me too many vocabs that my brain cannot handle.

Can I set it to just 20 cards each time or something?

Thank you!

We actually don't support that because it violates the principles of SRS - if you don't review all of the cards that are due today, you're liable to start forgetting a lot of them. However, you can use the "limit unlearned" option in Card Selection to prevent the system from introducing too many new cards at a time - that way you won't have to juggle too much new vocabulary at once.

If you've got too many cards due for review and would like to stretch them out a bit (in spite of the consequences for memorization), use "Search Cards" to look for cards reviewed at least 1 time, tap "Edit," "Batch," set "Change score" under "Score" to "Rand increase by 0 to," set "Amount" to 100 times the maximum number of days you'd like to stretch out cards by, then tap "Change score now" - that will randomly increase the time until the next review of each card, stretching them out so you won't see as many at once.