android - document reader: font size

misctalk

秀才
I just just bought the document reader for Android. I am wondering if there is any setting for adjusting the font size. It seems to be possible for the IOS version. Currently I am using the copy & past method between the Moonreader & Pleco.

misctalk

秀才
Found the answer to my own question. It's in the side bar general settings. I was expecting it to be within the document reader settings.
Now any chances of getting the pagination (flipping pages side to side instead of scrolling vertically) & other files types like epub, docs, pdf in Android soon? These are all now available now in IOS version, right?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They are, which is why the document reader costs $5 on Android and $15 on iOS :)

EPUB and web page reading we're planning to support once we drop support for everything before Android 4.4 - 4.4 replaced Android's old app-embedded web browser with Chromium, so it's a much better system to build around when working with HTML files (which technically is what EPUBs are too).

PDF we're waiting for a better PDF decoder library to appear - only one we've found so far that does Chinese well has punishingly high royalties, but Android L added native PDF decoding so we're hoping that may facilitate our adding PDF support.

DOC/DOCX/RTF support take advantage of iOS' built-in system for decoding those, so unless / until Google adds an equivalent (which doesn't appear to be coming in Android L anyway) it's unlikely we'll be able to do much for them.

Pagination we could theoretically add now but we've had relatively few requests for it so we feel like it can probably wait until we're ready to do some of those other updates.

misctalk

秀才
I hope to see pagination in Android soon as it's so much more convenient flipping pages side to side over moving it upward.

Anyway for the added features in IOS version, I ended up getting the basic package for my Ipad2.