API/ deep links question

dightonjw

举人
Hello Mike,

I’m loving the beta so far. particularly the recent changes with liquid glass make everything look really good and it seems like it made certain things more accessible and quick to reach, which I appreciate.

My question revolves around the apps API scheme.

Currently, I have a shortcut set up which runs on the action button. What it does is captures my voice, dictates it to text, and then it use this text to call a URL and open Pleco to the definition for the word that I dictated. It also takes that word and puts it on its own line in a note in the Notes app. This allows me to catalog lookups as I go without even having to open the phone.

The issue is, then I want to create flashcards from that list of words, which I have to do manually, and I often forget to do it, but once every couple months.

Are there any calls exposed which would allow me to do something like have a shortcut that automatically creates flashcards by calling the API?

So if I had a shortcut that ran every 24 hours, went line by line down my note, and then called something in the Pleco API to create a flashcard in a particular category, is that doable?

I’ve been trying to be as handfree as possible because a lot of the time I’m looking things up when I’m driving. I’ll be listening to a podcast and then I want to know what a particular word is, so I press the action button, dictate it, and reads back the English definition, but I think it would be great to also automatically create a flashcard every time, and I just don’t see how to do that in Pleco with the API.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. As always, please keep up the excellent work.
 
Back
Top