Audio licensing issue-works only for on initial keyfile load

ldolse

状元
Still having an issue with Audio now that I've purchased it. The Pleco orders page shows I have access to the audio pronunciation system.

Steps:
  • Copy the keyfile into the Pleco folder on ROM, next to the exe
  • Launch Pleco
  • I then get the following error message:
    "Your keyfile has been accepted, but some of the dictionaries or other components you purchased were not found. Please double-check that you've installed everything correctly"
    No idea what item it feels is missing.
  • Click OK. At this point everything seems to work, audio, dictionaries etc. If I look at Help->Ordering it shows everything is licensed except the business dictionary, which is correct.
  • Close Pleco and relaunch
  • Now audio doesn't work, and help->Ordering shows that all the audio components are unlicensed

Ordering tab shows the following audio related items:
  • Pleco Audio Man Basic x 5
  • Pleco Audio Man Syllable x 1
  • Pleco Audio Woman Basic x 5
  • Pleco Audio Woman Syllable x 1

I tried reinstalling all the audio files no help there. I can consistently reproduce this with the steps above on my system.

- HTC Hermes
- HTC AKU2 ROM, WM5 5.1.195, ROM 1.35.255.2
- 2GB microsd card
- 7.81 megs ROM storage free, 137MB SD memory free
- ZTA4 Pinyin input installed

ldolse

状元
I found the cause. Apparently using the software in demo mode screwed up the registry. I deleted the whole registry and re-loaded the keyfile. Now it stays licensed across sessions.

Another bit of feedback, it's really difficult to tell which registry settings are set by the beta software and which are by the 1.x. One registry folder is called Pleco, and the other is called Pleco Dictionary. I removed both, but I want to put the 1.0 settings back, since it's difficult to remember how to get everything working the way I like - which registry folder is it?

I have the registry files, but apparently attachments aren't allowed on this sub-forum? If desired let me know what to do with them.

ldolse said:
"Your keyfile has been accepted, but some of the dictionaries or other components you purchased were not found. Please double-check that you've installed everything correctly"
No idea what item it feels is missing.

Same problem here. After getting this error message yesterday I couldn't access the new dictionaries or the audio files. I reinstalled all files and generated a new keyfile this morning. I still got the error message but now I could suddently access all dictionaries and the audio files. However, after restarting Pleco tonight the problem is back. Can't access the new dictionaries or the audio files. Using a Glofiish x500+ wm6 phone.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Pleco Dictionary is the 2.0 registry section. And yeah, we probably should have made that clearer. For bugs with attachments you can just send the attachments to me as an e-mail.

Not sure what would cause the keyfile to disappear; try clearing out your registry entries, installing the keyfile again, then immediately exiting PlecoDict (using the Quit command in the Dict menu); does that get the keyfile data to stay there more reliably?

ldolse

状元
The keyfile stays, it's just the audio licensing that gets screwed up on my system (sounds like TaiwanSwedey is similar problem but all items) on my system the new dictionaries and stroke order are fine.

TaiwanSwedey, you just need to delete the registry keys associated with Pleco - I use Total Commander, if you can't figure out how just send a post, MS doesn't exactly make it easy.

Mike, I'll email you the registry backup, I'm pretty confident you can reproduce if you delete an existing registry and replace with the bad one.

Thanks everyone. It works after I cleaned the registry and reinstalled the keyfile. Will update on whether or not I have to redo this again.