Batch deleting fails

When I try to batch delete all flashcards (now all under Uncategorized), the spinner goes as usual, but when done the cards all remain. I can delete cards individually but I have too many to do that for all. If I individually select multiple flashcards and try to batch delete them, the app crashes.
I'm asking this question because it's simpler than my original problems, involving user dictionaries (which I've all deleted now) and connecting user entries with my flashcards. One primary issue was an existing flashcard would have the '+' sign at the top showing it was not yet a flashcard, and upon trying to add it as a flashcard it would fault saying the flashcard file could not be accessed. There were enough issues I'm just trying to start from scratch again. I've reinstalled the app, but can't manage to delete the flashcards, and that issue involving the '+' sign remains.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This seems like some sort of issue with your database file - you're definitely on iOS and not Android? And yet you reinstalled the app the flashcards were still there? Are your flashcards synced on iCloud? Turn that off if so (Settings / Flashcards).

Thanks, and yes to the three questions. I disabled iCloud sync and reinstalled (twice) but the flashcards persisted. So I just deleted the iCloud database and now the issue seems resolved. Now I see iCloud sync labelled as depreciated. Are periodic backups the suggested alternative?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes - it'll back up to iCloud just like iCloud sync does, but as a one-way backup that doesn't run the risk of screwing up your database.