Beta 2 coming Monday Evening NY Time

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
So slightly less than a day away. Lots of fixes, flashcard import finally works in a useful way (though format still isn't final so don't go migrating over to 2.0 just yet), dictionary selector menu is back, View Mode has been banished to the land of wind and ghosts, alternating audio option, text anti-aliasing option on PPC, numerous sorts of weird behavior are gone, search should work largely button-free and 1.0 and 2.0 can now quite happily coexist even on Palm. Flashcard performance on Palm is also slightly improved thanks to a newer version of SQLite. If anybody wants to remind me of any super-critical problems you're having I didn't mention, feel free to do so here.

ipsi

状元
Sounds good to me :). I'm looking forward to it. The only nasty problem I can think of off the topic of my head is that Audio Flashcards don't work on PD2-B1-ARM2. Audio works, just not in the flashcard modes, which makes my life a bit sad :(. Has that been fixed?

sfrrr

状元
Sounds like super-update (or super-beta) to me. Can't wait to see the new interface (as in no-view-mode). Only a few more hours now.

Sandra

ipsi

状元
Hey Mike, would it be possible to make the various files available seperately, rather than in a ZIP file? As I'll probably be out when it's released, I'm likely to be downloading it OTA, and unzipping files on Palm is not exactly super-easy.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, audio flashcards work again. As far as making files available separately, the data files have actually been updated a bit (fixing naming conflicts, plus filling in short dictionary name fields so that names in the dictionary switch list don't appear as blanks), so you'd pretty much need to install this from your PC anyway.

ipsi

状元
Ah. Yeah. Not downloading 20-30-100+ MB OTA. That's just a bad idea. Glad to hear flashcards are up and running. Will it be here soon?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, just tweaking some default preferences settings and getting minimal hardware button support working again in the dictionary UI on PPC and we should be good to go.