Beta 5 Expired Message

plecoUser

秀才
Anyone else getting the expired message when they try to run Beta 5 on their PDA?
I have a WM5 ipaq rx1950. After following the Beta 5 install instructions I attempt to execute the Pleco-WM5.exe on my PDA and get the following message:
"Sorry, this beta version has expired. Please donwload an updated beta from www.pleco.com.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sounds like you're still using Beta 4 (or your system clock is several months off) - delete every Pleco 2.0-related file you can find on your system and reinstall them and you should have better luck after that.

plecoUser

秀才
Hmmm. well adjusting the system clock has helped me get one step further, though I now have an issue with 'dictionaries not found'. I have read the previous thread about this but the solutions don't seem to work in my case. I have all dictionary files (along with every audio file) sitting in a Pleco folder on my storage card. I don't have space to put these on the device memory itself so they have to stay on the storage card. Tried moving them to the root directory of the card but no joy. Any other ideas?

Thanks guys, can't wait to get using this!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
So you're sure the files are right in that directory and not in any subdirectories? What's the exact path to that directory?