Beta 8(b) and 8(c) / Release Candidate 2 Bug Report Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually just a function of how the flashcard system works - in order to keep flashcard sessions from taking even longer to start up than they already do, it doesn't actually check to make sure that each card has a valid headword / pronunciation / definition (or linked dictionary entry) until the card actually comes up in the session. So it's likely that those last two cards are getting skipped over because they're incomplete. This also explains why the card count decreases in other test modes, Pleco lowers the count when it skips over a card.

daniel123

榜眼
The experimental fix for the audio problem makes the behaviour much better. During my tests I never had the problem again that the male voice stops while the female voice is able to play. Just once I had the problem that the audio loses its sound until I quit Pleco and restart it.

But I saw a new problem I did not see before: After some time the sound of some words was reduced. For example from the word biao3 just "bi" were played. But this also seem to affect some words. After quit and restart of Pleco this problem also disappeared.

But all in all I think much better than before.

I tested about 180 cards. Tomorrow I will make more tests.

Daniel

daniel123

榜眼
Sorry my mistake. I did not see before that you sent me a second fix. My last mail refers to the first file. Forget about it. I will make new tests with the second file and give you feedback tomorrow. :)

THX for your fast reaction to the problem.

Daniel

daniel123

榜眼
The new audio fix works great. No more audio problems during some hours of use. I think now it's really time to publish it as 2.0 release. Great job Mike!

Thank you very much again!

Daniel

mfcb

状元
i only can confirm what daniel123 already said... no more problems with the audio, after several hundreds of flashcards reviewed...

great work, mike !!!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks! Glad to hear we managed to fix it, I really didn't want to release 2.0 with this serious a bug still around.