Beta 8(c) (minor fixes) Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
An update to the Beta 8(b) / Release Candidate 2 application files is available at:

http://www.pleco.com/beta/pd2b8c.zip

This fixes a couple of newly-discovered bugs, including one that could cause crashes playing audio in custom flashcards without headwords, another that could cause crashes in frequency-adjusted review-only sessions with very small numbers of cards, a bug that would cause some characters on Windows Mobile (like 卜 and 丫) to be drawn too wide and overlap other characters, a bug that caused non-magnified flashcard headwords on Palm to display in small characters even when the rest of the flashcard was larger (you must go into and then exit Display settings for the fix to take effect), a bug that prevented English-language full-text searches from returning results with some searches in some dictionaries (like "#hello" in ABC), and a bug that caused English-language full-text search results to come up in E-C instead of C-E dictionaries first (English searches are supposed to be default to C-E and Chinese ones to E-C).

If you haven't installed RC2 / Beta 8(b) yet, install that first and then install this update. On Palm, just install the updated application file to your handheld and it'll replace the regular b8b one. On Windows Mobile, exit Pleco completely with the Quit command in the Dict menu, then connect your handheld to your desktop, go into its memory through My Computer and copy the updated Pleco application file into your \\Program Files\Pleco folder (My Computer, Mobile Device, My Windows Mobile-Based Device, Program Files, Pleco on XP, or on Vista, My Computer, (your handheld's name), /, Program Files, Pleco), replacing the version that's already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.