Beta4+battery

Hi, I posted earlier that when the battery was low, Pleco would not work normally whereas most other apps continued to function. A couple of days, my battery icon remains frozen at 100%. Then I got (probably) very low power and the dictionary was not really working, with other apps not working either. I have plugged it in and things have improved, the stylus needs to tap all icons at their lower bottom edge and I can't fix that it prefs where you adjust the stylus settings: I keep tapping the target in the middle but keep getting the target in different places telling me to tap again.
The only way to quit this process is a restart.

I am travelling and am a little wary of reinstalling everything. Any ideas how to fix the stylus problem.

Thanks

Henry

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The low battery as I mentioned earlier has to do with Pleco reading files off of the memory card - Palm OS automatically turns the memory card slot off once the battery gets below a certain threshold, and doesn't turn it on again until you soft reset. So the best fix for that is either to keep your Palm charged (there are portable power packs available that can extend battery life / recharge it when you're not near an outlet if you're finding it doesn't last long enough now) or install all of Pleco to internal memory.

For the stylus problem, this is unfortunately an extremely common thing on Palm - there are a lot of other posts about it (just do a search for "digitizer"), if a reset isn't enough there are programs available that will automatically work around digitizer problems for you. Should be possible to avoid reinstalling everything if you just use one of those programs.

Thank you very much. It has been fixed. The Characters recognition is much improved. Now I can show it off in Taipei for my remaining week.
I have also downloaded another programme to re-install some files: CardExport, http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
Their software has no problem mounting the card in Leopard, contrary to Missing Sync who claim that it is difficult and blame it all on Apple. I had bought Missing Sync and am very disappointing now. Also CardExport enables much faster transfers.

This forum is so helpful. Mike if you read this, I hope in version 5, Zhuyin Fuhao inconsistencies (previous post in another forum, sorry) has been fixed. (about "uo" displayed with the corresponding "u" in Bopomofo).