Blank pages after latest update on Android?

misctalk

秀才
MikeLove,

Help! After updating both my tablet Nexus 7 & Phone LG2 to the latest version of Pleco update, I noticed that I am getting blank pages on my some of txt files. The blank pages starts at any point of the file & up to the end. It varies for different txt files.

I use the document reader as my main reader for chinese novels as it's most convenient with instant access to the dictionary. I dont have this problem before the latest update. I am also using the very same txt files in Ipad2 & have no problems with it.

I have tried changing the Encoding, restarted the tablet. Still the same. How do I get back to the older version until this problem is fixed? I thought of uninstalling & reinstalling the program but wont I still be getting the lastest version which is what I want to avoid for the meantime?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry about that. Is pagination enabled in the reader (Settings / Reader)? Could you email (mikelove@pleco) or PM me copies of these files?

I'm guessing these problems started in 3.2.3 rather than 3.2.4 - that's the update where we made major reader changes - so to go back to 3.2.2, download the APK for it from http://cdn.pleco.com/androidapps/plecodroid-141016.apk (visit that link in your device's web browser and it should offer to install the app for you).

misctalk

秀才
Mike,

Just send you an email attaching 2 txt files I am currently reading. If I switch on the pagination, there are about 1186 pages in 花千骨 file. I started to see blank pages from page 241 up to the end for 2 android devices. I use the same txt file in Apple Ipad2, no problems at all as I scrolled to the last page of the file.

Blank pages started on page 4 up to end of the file. There are about 950 pages in雲中歌. I was reading this when I first started to see blank pages after updating to newer versions of Pleco. Initially I thought it was because of Lollipop. So I searched for another txt copy in the net.

BTW may I suggest putting a % on the scrollbar if pagination is switch off.