Can you merge two scorefiles?

weight

举人
So I dutifully tested pleco beta and then recently converted my old pleco 1 data over, discovering afterwords that I've stuck myself with two different scorefiles for the same kind of test. Is there anyway to merge these things?

ipsi

状元
Technically possible, though someone may have to write an application to do so. It does depend on what you want, however. Do you want scores added together, or merely the highest one chosen? Are there some cards that only appear in one scorefile?

I've actually a got a program that can do some of that, and I'll provide a link when I get home. If you're not comfortable using the command line, export your cards to two XML files, one for each scorefile and I can have a go at merging them. Might need to make some changes though, as it was also designed to merge definitions and categories and such...

weight

举人
I'm sure that while the majority are duplicates, there are also many that are unique to a single score file. I would be OK with it choosing the highest scored duplicate (or better yet the the most recently reviewed card) and setting both of them to that score.

No I'm not afraid of the command line, but I'll need instructions for anything that's not completely obvious. Post a link and I'll have a look, if I can't figure it out then I'll send you my data.

Thanks ipsi

ipsi said:
Technically possible, though someone may have to write an application to do so. It does depend on what you want, however. Do you want scores added together, or merely the highest one chosen? Are there some cards that only appear in one scorefile?

I've actually a got a program that can do some of that, and I'll provide a link when I get home. If you're not comfortable using the command line, export your cards to two XML files, one for each scorefile and I can have a go at merging them. Might need to make some changes though, as it was also designed to merge definitions and categories and such...

ipsi

状元
Would have posted this earlier, but ran out of time. Anyway, it can be found at http://china2.panlogicsoftware.com/flas ... verter.zip

It needs Java installed, so if you don't have Java, install it. (It expects Java 6, but you could probably recompile it for Java 5 (but no earlier) by running ant and copying the JAR file to the base directory)

To run, just run java -jar FlashcardConverter.jar, and that will give you a list of all the available command line options. It's worth noting that it's been designed by my for me, so if it doesn't work as you expect it's probably because your usage of it didn't occur to me...