Card scores seem off

koreth

榜眼
I'm trying to figure out why some of my imported cards from PD1 have much higher scores than others. Here are two examples that seem wrong.

1. 拿 - created 1/29/06, difficulty 100, record 24-0, score 31590
2. 个 - created 10/20/05, difficulty 100, record 27-0, score 20900

The difficulty being 100, I can understand (PD1 had no notion of difficulty, just a history of right/wrong answers, so unless the converter assumed a particular aggressiveness level and answer quality, it'd have no way of computing a correct difficulty.) But why is the score on 拿 50% higher than the score on 个, which was reviewed more times with no incorrect answers?

The card with the highest score is an oddball too: 物理学家, created 9/30/06, difficulty 108, record 29-2, score 49421. I've hit that one since upgrading to PD2, and haven't hit the other two yet, so maybe the high score here is just a result of PD2's score adjustments getting applied here and not on the others.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The scores are actually based on card ranks; if you were using frequency-adjusted testing in 1.0 they'll be calculated to correspond to the frequencies with which cards appeared, if you were using repetition-spaced the score for each card will be 100 points times the number of days in that card's repetition interval.

So it seems like 拿 was in a higher rank than 个 (or you had ranks customized in a funny way where cards with a higher rank would appear more often than cards with a lower one) - if you check those cards in 1.0 does the rank on 拿 seem to be higher? Do you remember changing the way cards advanced in rank at some point? Perhaps 拿 was reviewed after you'd adopted a more aggressive rank-advancing system.