CC-CEDICT

In the new Pleco update (3.2.51) CC-CEDICT looks like it's reverted ten years. The short name on the file says 200909 - looks like something is off.

Shun

状元
Hi,

I fell into this trap once, as well. That code is likely to mean "September 9, 2020", unless you found clues in the data that it really is 11 years old.

Cheers,

Shun

That code is likely to mean "September 9, 2020", unless you found clues in the data that it really is 11 years old.

As far as I can tell it's from late May this year - maybe early June.

Edit: Okay the file is from 2020-06-02; so the short name doesn't match at all for some reason. It doesn't contain any edits after 2020-06-02.

Last edited:

Shun

状元
Are you sure? Recently, I downloaded a pretty new version of CC-CEDICT directly, as well. As far as I can tell, it is updated quite often. Pleco just distributes updates a bit more rarely than the people at CEDICT produce them.

Are you sure? Recently, I downloaded a pretty new version of CC-CEDICT directly, as well. As far as I can tell, it is updated quite often. Pleco just distributes updates a bit more rarely than the people at CEDICT produce them.

I checked the change log and I don't see anything new starting from June 3rd in Pleco.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
200909 -> September 9th of 2020, yes; we always use year-month-date order in filenames so that they sort sequentially by date. But the file in that build was bugged and kept the old data, I'm sure we'll have to do another minor fix in a week or two at which point we'll update it correctly.

Yes, CC-CEDICT is updated pretty much on a daily basis. I also noticed that its database hasn’t been updated in the latest version of Pleco but didn’t want to nag Mike about it. :)