Changing the default back to simplified

romac89

Hi there, I've recently downloaded the new iPod touch software update and my ipod got wiped in the process. No problem really in regards to Pleco, I have re-installed it and my previous purchase is now up and running again on my iPod.

However, there's only one small problem - my search results in the dictionary are always in traditional characters (with simplified in square brackets). I can use the character set switch to flip them into simplified but as soon as I navigate to another screen or make another search, the results are in traditional again. How can I change it back to like it was before, where the default was simplified? I've tried just selecting 'one set' in the settings but that one set is always just traditional, even when I flip the character set over to simplified just before. So I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
romac89 said:
Hi there, I've recently downloaded the new iPod touch software update and my ipod got wiped in the process. No problem really in regards to Pleco, I have re-installed it and my previous purchase is now up and running again on my iPod.

However, there's only one small problem - my search results in the dictionary are always in traditional characters (with simplified in square brackets). I can use the character set switch to flip them into simplified but as soon as I navigate to another screen or make another search, the results are in traditional again. How can I change it back to like it was before, where the default was simplified? I've tried just selecting 'one set' in the settings but that one set is always just traditional, even when I flip the character set over to simplified just before. So I don't know what to do.

Change the switch at the bottom of the search results screen instead of the one at the bottom of the definition screen - the search results one is "sticky" while the definition screen one is not. (this is widely regarded as one of our worst UI issues and should be fixed in the next major update - we would have fixed it sooner but for various technical reasons it's actually rather tricky)