Character input dictionary for Pocket PC

dutch

I am studying Chinese and a few people in my class have the Pleco dictionary on their PDA's. I think this program is great, but I have a Dell Axim X3i which runs on the Pocket PC OS. I am wondering if Pleco has any intention of coming out with a Pocket PC version of this excellent program.

If not, I am also wondering if anybody knows of a program for the Pocket PC that has a handwritten character input dictionary. Any help would be great.

-Mark

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
See the recent discussion in the PlecoDict forum - we are indeed planning to start work on a Pocket PC version of our software as soon as we finish our latest Palm OS version, and we're aiming to have it available in some form by September 1st.

gadinata

cost?

would current user of the OS5 version gets a better upgrade deal or even free :D for the pocket PC version?

Attachments

• Backup1.XML
    1.9 MB · Views: 689

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It won't be free, I'm afraid, but we certainly do plan on offering a generous discount to platform crossgraders. (we haven't worked out exactly how generous it will be yet)

Attachments

• Pleco Flashcards.zip
    508.2 KB · Views: 334

Rustic

秀才
Would it be possible to simply use a Palm OS emulator on the Pocket PC to run either the Oxford E-C dictionary or PlecoDict?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If one existed, yes, but as far as I know there are no good Palm OS emulators available for Pocket PC (largely for copyright reasons, PalmSource has no interest in making it easier for Pocket PC users to run Palm software).

Don't worry, in spite of our slowness in getting the Palm OS version to market we're still very much on track for our September 1st Pocket PC release date; the programming may not have started yet, but the licensing and other non-technical issues have been resolved beautifully.