Checking stroke order during flashcard tests?

thph2006

进士
Is there a direct (1-2 click) way to check character stroke order during a self-graded flashcard test? Right now if I want to check a character's stroke order when it comes up in a test I have to:

1. click the "reveal entire card" button
2. click on the character, which causes a control ribbon to appear at the top of the screen
3. click the right arrow at the far right of the control ribbon
4. click the "stroke" button at the top of the next screen to get the stroke order screen to appear
5. click the play button to see the stroke order animation

Ideally I'd like to have access to a stroke order button on the test screen or at least directly when I click on the character. Anybody know, is there a way to do that in the rev 2.4.9?

thx

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
thph2006 said:
Ideally I'd like to have access to a stroke order button on the test screen or at least directly when I click on the character. Anybody know, is there a way to do that in the rev 2.4.9?

Not at the moment, no. To be honest, faster access to stroke order isn't a very popular feature request, and adding a button to access it either means a) cluttering the interface to make it available by default or b) leaving it off by default and then having only a handful of people use it (plus adding yet another checkbox to our options screens / yet another rarely-used feature which we'll accidentally break in an update / etc), so it's the sort of thing where discipline demands that we wait until there's more interest before considering it.

There is something to be said for more seamless integration of the dictionary entry interface in general, though, particularly once we get around to adding more content to those tabs, so there might eventually at least be a way to get to the dictionary definition screen from a revealed card in one tap instead of two.