Chinese-Korean User Dictionary or Excel File

anhnha

举人
Would anyone happen to have a user dictionary for Chinese-Korean, or an Excel file that can be downloaded and shared? It's possible that a web scraper could be used to collect the necessary data, but I'm not familiar with the process. Creating the dictionary myself would likely require too much work.
I would like a dictionary with a larger number of words, rather than just a few hundred or thousand.

Shun

状元
Hi anhnha,

unfortunately I don't, but you can have a look at these attachments for sentence pairs, or see https://tatoeba.org/en/downloads . Maybe this can start you off.

Hope this helps, Shun

Attachments

• Sentence pairs in Korean-English - 2023-03-09.txt
    722.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Sentence pairs in Mandarin Chinese-Korean - 2023-03-09.txt
    39.3 KB · Views: 200

anhnha

举人
Thank you. I had collected around 600 words with definitions before, but that still felt too small so I eventually gave up. I believe converting sentences to individual words with their definitions would be challenging. As an intermediate Korean learner, I'm looking for opportunities to practice Korean while also learning Chinese. Thank you for sharing the link. The issue with using sentences is that Korean sentences don't show up when I search for an individual word or phrase in Chinese

Last edited:

Shun

状元
You're welcome. You're right, picking words out of sentences wouldn't work well, but you could still study entire sentences in Pleco, which should, in the best case, also give you a better understanding of sentence structure. They are rather simple, and Pleco 3.2 works with headwords/sentences of any length, even though this is not yet officially supported. (if you use Self-graded as your testing mode)

If you're interested, I have converted the Tatoeba output to a Pleco flashcards input file. (see attachment) While importing into Pleco, you have to enable "Fill in missing fields" to get the pinyin for the Chinese sentence.

Attachments

• Pleco Sentence pairs in Mandarin Chinese-Korean - 2023-03-09.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 179