Chinese TV series or books on HSK 7-9 LEVELS

Barry

举人
Excuse me, but is there Chinese TV series or popular books on HSK 7-9 LEVELS?
IMHO, in addition to Pleco Flashcards, it will be a great help in absorbing those new HSK levels.

Thank you very much.

Shun

状元
Hello Barry,

I appreciate your question, but I think there's a little dichotomy in it: A book cannot be both popular and tailored to a specific vocabulary. If you wish to read a book in which vocabulary from the levels of the new HSK 7 to 9 is trained, it can only be specially prepared and somewhat simplified material, because the compilers will have to pay attention to which vocabulary they're using.

Are you planning on taking the HSK test for levels 7 to 9? Then, I feel you would be best served by a study book which supplies one or two example sentences for each HSK 7-9 vocabulary item, and a few exercises. (I have such books for the older HSK.) If you aren't, I would recommend reading anything which interests you, such as biographies. With those, you could try the following activities:
  • Among the new vocabulary you're meeting with, select the top 20% which you think you can learn most easily, or match with your interests the most, and study these with Pleco once you have 50 of them. You could first mark them in the text, then go over it again to make your final selection.
  • Translate parts of the Chinese text you're reading into your native language as precisely as possible.
  • After having studied the vocabulary that occurs in the text, a day after reading the text, re-tell it in Chinese. Compare your summary to the original text, see which constructions you've got right, and which ones are used differently in the text.
I see from your question, though, that you are looking more for specific study materials.

Cheers,

Shun